[Scribus] Bullets and Numbering

Riku Leino tsoots
Sun Aug 6 06:08:54 CEST 2006

Brian Astill wrote:
> On Sunday 06 August 2006 02:12, Riku Leino wrote:
> > http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_create_lists_in_scribu
> >s_1.2x works for now until there's a proper implementation in
> > place
>
> OK.  Silly question of the week,
> Why would you go to all this trouble, when you could prepare your
> list in Open Office 2.  You _would_ need to experiment a little
> (OO bullets do not transfer accurately) but after that making
> lists should be easy.  I did say "should" :-)
>
> Am I missing something?

Well yeah, not everybody loves OO.o and definitely not everybody wants to
import the formatting with the text. To some point this probably is Scribus'
fault messing up the OO.o styles but I still think most of the users prefer
plain text importing and want to make fine tuning of their layout in Scribus
without the hazzle with OO.o styles. (I hope this will improve with the new
code from Andreas and Myself where not that many "unused" styles must be
created when importing from OO.o)