[Scribus] different width spaces in Scribus

avox avox
Wed Aug 2 18:37:47 CEST 2006

Karsten Luecke wrote:

> It's not even necessary that fonts have these spaces, because Scribus
> could calculate these en-, em-, 1/4-, 1/8- &c spaces from the font's
> UPM (= em-space width), which automatically gives en-space (= 1/2 UPM),
> 1/4-space (= 1/4 UPM), &c.
> I think this would be a good addition.

That's next on my list.

> Is my understanding correct that there is no support of typographic
> OpenType features yet?

Yes, that's further down on my list, but before Indic scripts ;-)
You can also expect some features like true Smallcaps and old style
numerals for non OTF fonts if you have the expert sets.

/Andreas