[Scribus] Frame around Text Box

hovergo at net-tech.com.au hovergo
Wed Aug 2 01:38:04 CEST 2006

<snip>
>  is there
> a 'simple' way to frame a text box (frame) with a line around it? I
> know the work around..make a frame bigger, filled in color & put it
> behind or worse draw 4 lines to enclose it.
</snip>

Yes but not as you say above.

<Edit> <Line Styles>  Create a new 1 pt line then create a new 2 pt line
and <Save><OK> Create lines of any thickness  and style to suit your
work requirements.

In the Properties Pallet select the width of line you have just made and
it appears around the text box, you can make it thicker or thinner as
you wish. You can give it round corners to any size you wisn, you can
set the text gap left, right top and bottom from th text box line in
<Properties><Shape>.

I too have a question.

Why do have to create new line styles for each document. Why can't I use
line styles I have created for other documents in my current document.
Roger