[Scribus] Filling in forms which are supplied as PDFs

David Goodenough david.goodenough
Sun Apr 30 13:14:22 CEST 2006

On Sunday 30 April 2006 11:38, Morten Langlo wrote:
> l?r, 29 apr, 2006, 11:35:17 +0100, skrev David Goodenough:
> > I have just gone through the process of moving the registered office of
> > my company, and the form (in the UK a form 287) is available as a PDF.
> > But presumably in order to make sure that I do not change the form it is
> > password locked.
> >
> > The instructions with this form say that the boxes should either be
> > filled in typescript or bold black capitals.  My hand writing, even my
> > block capitals has never been wonderful (sometimes I can not read my own
> > handwriting), so I would rather use typescript, but I no longer possess a
> > typewriter.
> >
> > I could spend time trying to line up a document produced using either
> > something like Scribus or a word processor, but that would be easier
> > if I could include the PDF as a background, then I could put frames
> > over each box and type in the values.  This would then also mean
> > that I could print the PDF and my answers in one go, rather than
> > having to line the answers to a sheet on which I had previously
> > printed the form.
> >
> > Is this possible with Scribus (the PDF is not in a format that Scribus
> > will open as a document), or could it be added easily?
> >
> > David
>
> Why not just fill in the form with acroread 7.0.1 for Linux
> and then print the it?
Because it is not a "PDF Form", it is just a form that was designed
using PDF for printing.  If it was a "PDF Form" I could use PDFtk to
fill it in.  Actually it could be a "PDF Form", but PDFTk says it is
password locked so it can not do anything with it.

David