[Scribus] [OT] laser printer

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Sat Apr 29 21:41:00 CEST 2006

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:51:31 +0200
Sergio Cambra <sergio at ensanjose.net> wrote:

> I want to buy a laser printer, but I don't know what is the importance of
> the memory RAM in a laser printer.

Simply stated, the more RAM you have in the printer, the more detailed the page
can be that you print.  A laser printer holds the entire page in its memory at
one time, then prints it to the paper in a single pass.  Therefore, you have to
have enough memory to hold the entire page.  Too little and either the page
won't print at all, or you will have parts of your docuemnt missing.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net