[Scribus] What is needed for compiling Scribus ?

Jean Ghali jghali
Fri Apr 28 12:16:59 CEST 2006

avox wrote:

> Jean Ghali wrote:
>>

>> Steven Boothe wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you think at some point this would be possible? I've been curious
>>> about how to build for win32 lately. How is it being done now?
>>>

>> How it is being done? With a manually one time defined win-config.h, the
>> rest is handled by msvc
>>

> Also note that we are using a commercial Qt3 version for Windows for
> our binaries atm. This will change with the switch to Qt4.
>
> /Andreas

Non-commercial Qt4 Windows version supports only MinGW, though unofficial
patches bring msvc support. GDI+, used for GDI printing, is also not
supported by MinGW, so until I replace it, maybe by cairo in the future,
I'll stay with msvc and will use qt commercial.