[Scribus] working with tables

avox avox
Thu Apr 27 19:03:38 CEST 2006

Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How do you in general handle tables with Scribus?

You don't.

> I have spent quite some time today with
> this software and start to like it ever more. However, tables are one
> thing that seems
> difficult to handle at first glance.
> Aren't tables just a set of text frames?

Yes, and that's the main drawback of the current implementation.

If it's enough, just use tabs in normal textframes.
Otherwise, at this time  we recommend designing tables in OpenOffice
and import them later into Scribus. There is an article about this on
http://wiki.scribus.net .

Better table support is on the roadmap on the way to 1.4.

/Andreas