[Scribus] cannot select text in PDF created from Scribus

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Apr 25 20:22:44 CEST 2006

Hi Zbigniew,

Am Dienstag, 25. April 2006 19:55 schrieb Zbigniew Szalbot:
> Hello,
>
> On 25 Apr 2006 at 19:30, PLinnell wrote:
> > Nothing wrong.
> >
> > Scribus text in PDF is optimized for exact placement of text within
> > the PDF, which comes at a cost of not being easy to select from
>
> OK. Does it mean it is never possible? Or in some cases not possible. I was
> playing with a plain design containing one text field with simple text,
> nothing else.

If you embed all fonts, it should work. At least it does under Linux.

> > You can directly export text from frames into a plain text file. You
> > can link the frames within Scribus and then all the text will export
> > in a single go.
>
> Does the N shortcut function as a tool linking frames? I selected two text
> boxes, pressed N and then tried to export but only the content of one text
> box was written to a file.

You link frames by selecting the first frame. Then use the link tool in the
menu bar, finally select the frame you want to link to.

> Anyway, the export function is a bit strange as it never warns if I want to
> overwrite an existing text file. I played with both creating and
> overwriting text files but same result each time.

Yes, this needs fixing.

> Thank you anyway for such a fast response! I really appreciate it!
> Especially that I desperately wish to divorce MS Publisher and marry
> Scribus, only that bride is giving me some rough time ;)

As in real life ;)

> Warm regards,
>
> Zbigniew Szalbot

Cheers,