[Scribus] Preparing photos for print: image file export in scribus looks ugly

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder
Tue Apr 25 14:50:05 CEST 2006

Hi,

I wanted to prepare a digital passphoto for printing in an online printing
show. The photo is 6x4,5cm with 300dpi. I have to arrange it on a 10x15cm
with 4 times the photo on each sheet. No problem so far with Scribus (I
didn't manage this task in krita however, cause I was not able to define a
layer by "real" size + resolution instead of pixel size).

Now when it comes to export to jpg or png I selected 100%quality (compression,
right?) and 300dpi. However the result is completely unsharp and pixelish.
Did I do something wrong? I exported to pdf and it looks OK but the file is
only ~400kb so this might not be the best way to go (and the photo printing
services don't accept pdf anyway).

The information menu for the image boxes in Scribus says 300dpi both for
native and current resolution.

I am using scribus-1.3.3.1 on Gentoo Linux

Any help would be apprecheated - would be nice if you could CC me cause I do
not get the list atm. Thanks in advance!