[Scribus] Newbee

Calum Polwart scribus
Mon Apr 24 18:18:08 CEST 2006

You can view the PS file with GGV on linux which will tell you which of
these steps causes the problem:

$ ggv filename

If I recall correct psnup sometimes assumes you are shrinking pages
(i.e. putting two letter pages onto one - I'd put my money onto that!)

Your commands should be something like:

$ pdf2ps filename1.pdf filename1.ps
$ psbook filename1.ps filename2.ps
$ psnup -pletter -W5.5in -H8.5in -n 2 filename2.ps filename3.ps
$ ps2pdf filename3.ps filename3.pdf

*Replace 'filename' as appropriate.  Its usually easier to create new
files for each stage so as to avoid messing up the original and not
being able to go back just one stage.  You can delete filename1.pdf;
filename1.ps; filename2.ps; filename3.ps if the final version is what
you want...
** psnup command:
-n 2	This puts two pages on one page
-pletter  This sets the OUTPUT page as letter
-Pletter  Would set the INPUT page as letter (note the capital P) - but
your input is 1/2 letter so better set with dimensions:
	-W5.5in
	-H8.5in
If you were using 'odd' output sizes you can set their output with -w
and -h as well

Hope this helps

Calum