[Scribus] resize text frames to fit text

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Apr 22 18:43:05 CEST 2006

Maciej Hanski wrote:
> Maciej Hanski napisa?(a):
>
>> Louis Desjardins napisa?(a):

>>> Exactly. You have to do that manually. If you'd like to add this as a
>>> feature request, the best way to go is browse the bugs.scribus.net to
>>> check wether this has been filed already. If not, go ahead. Would be
>>> very much appreciated if you also explain with a real-case scenario
>>> how would that feature help.
>>>

>> I think this one comes very close to what he desires:
>>
>> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1098
>>

> See this one as well:
>
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1069

And for the poor-man's-automatic-manual method, try this:
1. Let's assume you have a certain width in mind, but want to adjust the
height to fit
2. Select the frame
3. Unlock width-height in Properties
4. Click in the height window, then lengthen-shorten with the mousewheel
or arrows at the side until the text/frame match -- using points as the
page unit makes for very slow change, inches maybe too fast; any of the
others will be more reasonable. While you're at it, note that holding
Ctrl down while wheeling is different from Shift while wheeling and from
just plain (or Alt) wheeling.

5. Analogy exercise: changing width when you want a particular height.

Greg