[Scribus] Scribus in the news again

PLinnell mrdocs
Wed Apr 19 20:02:30 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 18:29, pixelnate wrote:
> Riku Leino wrote:
> > Steven Boothe wrote:
> >
> > Their major argument against Scribus is just wrong. Scribus
> > doesn't use ghostscript for generating PDFs but has it's own
> > built in PDF lib to do this. It's always been the number one
> > priority to make sure our PDF lib is producing high quality
> > output so that printers shouldn't have issues with Scribus
> > generated PDFs. Ghostscript on the other hand is used to generate
> > the print preview and in ps/eps importing.
> >
> >> Scribus is indeed using Ghostscript instead of Postscript.
> >
> > Errr, where did he get these. Apparently he didn't feel like
> > opening the print dialog in Scribus or create a PDF from the app.
>
> Maybe what the Scribus crew need more than anything is some proper
> marketing of their product. Once 1.4 is release, they should put
> together a press kit to send out to the major Linux and DTP
> magazines. Maybe put in some printed examples made  with Scribus,
> and some tutorials for them to review and print. Right now, Linux
> Format is doing a series on Inkscape. Perhaps they can be convinced
> to do the same with Scribus to get the word out about what it is
> capable of.
>
> Just a thought.

Hi,

Not to worry, the 1.4 launch will get lots of attention :)

As for Linux Format, it would be hard to find better supporters. It is
a great magazine and the staff have covered Scribus quite extensively
in the past, including awarding us one of their "Top Stuff" awards
and listing Scribus as top 50 all time open source applications.

Also, I have replied to the author of the article directly and let's
see if there is a correction made....

Peter