[Scribus] Importing Character Styles?
Wed Apr 19 00:10:03 CEST 2006
OK - I thought I couldn't import in paragraph formatting? But I can...
Am I supposed to be able to?
A few months back I asked about trying to basically mailmerge a database
but apply some formatting depending on the content. The closest
equivalent I can describe might be a catalogue listing with the desire
to perhaps list new items in italics.
It was specifically italics I wanted to import.
Here's how I have achieved it: (not sure if all steps are necessary)
* The 'database' comes in excel. So I apply all my basic
formatting and rules etc in OpenOffice - Calc, including
conditional formatting the italic items
* Save the sheet as HTML.
* Close the sheet (if you don't it seems to re-open the sheet in
* Open the HTML file in writer
* Use TABLE / CONVERT --> Table to Text, delimit with tabs
* Save the file as an ODT file (I had to use EXPORT to do this)
[open document format]
* In scribus 'Get Text', Import the styles. --> I was asked to
match fonts for MS Serif and MS Serif Italic... so I matched
them... and I seem to have content that can then be tweaked in
scribus and includes italic font when needed, and tabs which can
then be positioned...
I thought this was what others wanted to do the other day as well .. so
thought I should explain my method... (using 18.104.22.168 cvs)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the scribus