[Scribus] Summer Of Code?

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Apr 18 23:28:27 CEST 2006

> Got a project that can fit into the massive upheaval that the codebase is
> going through right now?

I can think of some interesting projects that would move Scribus forward and
save developer time.

- Build a bridge to ImageMagick, so this can be used as "Swiss knife" for
graphics import (reads 95 formats:
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/formats.php)

- In the alternative, build a bridge to OpenOffice.org for text, spreadsheet,
presentation, and vector import.

- There has been talk about a stand alone story editor.

- LaTeX support (http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=128)

- Rewrite and enhance the table features

- Footnotes and marginal notes (seems to be postponed and no longer planned
for 1.4)

- Spreading and choking

Interesting projects for students, I suppose ...

Cheers,

Christoph