[Scribus] serious mac trouble

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Apr 18 18:37:35 CEST 2006

Craig Ringer wrote:
> Steve Herrick wrote:
>

>> On 4/17/06, frank gaude' <tanzen at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Two possibilities come to mind: 1) hard disk failure, 2) RAM errors.
>>>

> It could also be filesystem corruption. HFS+ is reasonably solid, but no
> filesystem is perfect. IIRC there are some testing tools available when
> you boot from the Mac OS X CD.

Have you googled the issue? I don't know Macs, but it seems this happens
on occasion. There is something called a Safe Boot with Mac that /might/
fix it. In Linux/Unix, fsck does this kind of thing to fix corrupted
filesystems, which is what this sounds like.
Depends on how much you're attached to your Mac OS, and whether you have
any irretrievable data on that system.

Greg