[Scribus] building scribus 1.3.3.1 - QT >=3.3.

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Mon Apr 17 22:19:01 CEST 2006

Hi Wolfgang,

On 4/17/06, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
> > i've tried to compile scribus 1.3.3.1 on fc5. At the end of configure
> > there occurs the error, that QT >=3.3 is needed. On my system is
> > installed QT 3.3.4. What's the problem ?
> >
> Chances are, what you need is qt-devel, in addition to qt.
> You need all the header files to be able to compile.

Also, if you're compiling Scribus in a local directory under your
$HOME tree then, IIRC, you have to specify a Qt Lib path - otherwise,
I think, it should pick Qt lib's standard path from the system itself
if you installed the qt-devel package, as Greg has said, and are
compiling/installing Scribus in standard locations.

--
Regards,

Asif