[Scribus] image resolution problem

PLinnell mrdocs
Sun Apr 16 21:24:50 CEST 2006

On Sunday 16 April 2006 02:26, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:

> > > As I expected, thanks for testing.
> > >
> > > Craig
> >
> > Thanks for the work on this.
> >
> > I have a bit more info. I either changed something related to PDF
> > output or I was having a brain dead moment when previously
> > testing this. The problem I'm now seeing is that PDF output is
> > correct (respecting the resolution of my imported image).
> > However, bitmap output (either JPEG or PNG) is downsampled to
> > 72dpi regardless of what resolution I output at. The resulting
> > bitmap is the right size in terms of number of pixels (e.g. an A4
> > size page outputs to ~2500x3500 pixels at 300 DPI) but all of the
> > elements (bitmaps or text) are output as though they were 72dpi
> > resulting in severe pixelation when viewing the image at 100%
> > zoom.
>
> Yes, confirmed with all Scribus versions I mentioned. The numbers
> are correct, but watching the picture at 100 % zoom in GIMP,
> Cinepaint, XNview, and Corel PhotoPaint shows it's at low
> resolution and pixelised.

Hi,

Known issue in 1.2.x, I believe largely corrected in 1.3.3+

Note the bitmap image export was mainly designed for exporting screen
shots of documents for web sites. This originally was started as a
python plug-in iirc.

This may or may not be fixable in 1.2.5, owning to the different way
the canvas works in 1.2.x vs. 1.3.x

Peter