[Scribus] 1.3.3.1 GUI language problems

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sat Apr 15 05:07:14 CEST 2006

>Hello
>I just installed 1.3.3.1 on a Japanese Win XP Pro.
>
>During installation, I chose English as preferred language.
>
>After installation the GUI was in Japanese. Under preferences, I chose
>again English as GUI language - but Scribus didn't care about it.
>Returning to the settings and again, the field was empty.
>Again choosing English and OK and a restart - and welcome Japanese.
>
>Bug or did I do something wrong ?

Hi Michael,

I will only guess the answer is this is a bug produced by the "Great
Breakage Part II" ... I've encountered the same in French. The way to
get out of this was to simply select another language in the list (I
picked Bulgarian... totally arbitrarily) and I went back to French
and it was OK.

So hopefully a good soul is listening on this list and will pick-up
the bug... and hopefully too, you can get away with a cheap solution
to your problem.

Cheers!

Louis