[Scribus] Torture Testing Scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Apr 12 18:13:41 CEST 2006

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2006 11:45 schrieb Dave:
>
>> On 11/04/06, Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> I find it *VERY* rude that you publish our private emails on the list,
>> and cannot understand why. I consider a discussion of Freedom of
>> Speech on the list completely off topic.
>>

> I have to apologise! I thought I did answer privately by mistake. And a
> discussion on the topic of freedom of speach in connection with a licence
> which is similar to the one of the scribus docs seems to of interest for
> others. Really, this was an error by me, it happened inadvertently.

Aside from Christoph's faux pas, the idea that email is private is a
delusion. There are accidents, of course, but email can be intercepted,
or read by others on either end of its trip. Sending an email is like
sending a postcard. In most cases, if one would be alarmed that an email
message might be read by unintended persons, it may be an email best not
sent.

Greg