[Scribus] Scribus on Windows XP

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Apr 12 12:08:27 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 11:53, Dave wrote:
> On 12/04/06, Christopher Anthony <christopher.anthony at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you guys keep doing this
> > port and Novell does their port of Evolution all its doing is holding
> > Linux adoption back.
>
> If users want freedom to run applications on a non-free operating
> system, they should have it. That's the nature of freedom - you can do
> what you want! (Even if its not the best thing for you, it might be
> the only way for others :-)

On top of all the benefits stated by Peter, and unstated/to be seen, if we
hadn't done it someone else would have, and we would rather "control" the
release by being able to be sure when *we* release Scribus, that it gets
tested on all three platforms by us, and that any enhancements made to it
directly enhance the Linux and OSX builds.

Craig