[Scribus] Torture Testing Scribus

Dave dave
Tue Apr 11 19:54:58 CEST 2006

On 11/04/06, Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:
> > There's a reason the official docs.scribus.net license says
> > "Commercial redistribution of Open Publication-licensed material is
> > permitted.": Not restricting commercial distribution is a Good Thing.
> > IMHO :-)
>
> docs.scribus.net content is restricted though. Noone may take that content
> (that is ours, ie, excluding the tutorial(s) to print without our permission.

The exact wording is:

"Distribution of the work or derivative of the work in any standard
(paper) book form is prohibited".

This is not a non-commercial restriction, which I would personally find vexing.

It is a restriction on book publishing, which is unfortunate but cool
with me; I have no plans to publish books, although I might want to
make unbound paper printouts to give to my students, but that's
allowed :-)

--
Regards,
Dave