[Scribus] Scribus PDF-to-PS problem

Femke Snelting snelting
Tue Apr 11 15:52:33 CEST 2006

Hello list,

I'm preparing a Printing Party / Open Source Publishing demonstration
here in Brussels with my friend Harrisson, and for that I'm trying out
the excellent recipe for booklet printing that was posted on the list a
few weeks ago: http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_a_booklet

But... whatever configuration for the pdf export I am chosing from
Scribus, I am getting this message when trying to convert a pdf to
postscript:

Error: /typecheck in --length--
Operand stack:
    --dict:6/6(L)--   Fo3S0   11.0   --dict:9/9(L)--   --dict:9/9(L)--
  409060  --dict:9/9(L)--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
--nostringval--   256   --nostringval--

[etc]

And than:

Current allocation mode is local
ESP Ghostscript 7.07.1: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

I don't know much about Ghostscript, so maybe it is obvious to you
what's going wrong. All I know that everything is fine when I use a pdf
generated in indesign or msword :-( I've used different Scribus
documents to see whether it was a problem in the document itself, or
with embedded fonts but it seems that each one I try generates the same
error.

I'm using Scribus 1.3.3 on linux/ubuntu and attempt to convert the pdf
with pdf2ps from the command line.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Femke