[Scribus] Using scribus at multiple sites to edit one

gregor FELLENZ gf_public
Tue Apr 11 10:48:01 CEST 2006

On Di, 2006-04-11 at 18:20 +1000, John Harland wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:15:59 -0400
> Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
>
> > If you had access to a server you could both use that, perhaps having a
> > self-contained directory for each newsletter. As Christoph says, though,
> > you would likely very quickly not want to waste time repeatedly sending
> > images back and forth. Remember that the contents of a text frame can be
> > saved as a text file, which entails considerably less overhead
> > transporting -- could even be sent as an email attachment if not too big.
>

> The other way is to place low-res "placer" graphics to maintain the
> layout but reduce the size of the Scribus file.
this sounds like a classic OPI workflow, is there any viable solution
with linux/scribus and OPI known?

in my understanding programs have to support this feature, or is the
picture replacement handled from a server?

cheers,
gregor