[Scribus] To SuSE or not to SuSE? - was Re: Scribus 1.3.4 New build system

John R. Culleton john
Mon Apr 10 19:17:27 CEST 2006

On Monday 10 April 2006 13:04, PLinnell wrote:

> Well in my experience supporting Scribus for almost 4 years, Suse is
> one of the most trouble free distros for folks who want to use
> Scribus and other complimentary applications like Inkscape, latest
> GIMP or Cinepaint. We get great cooperation from their developers and
> they have added a lot of packages specifically to support Scribus.

I like Slackware because the packaging system is based on
tarballs, and installation aoutside the packaging system works
well too.

 You know, gunzip, ./configure, make, make install.

I like simple things that work.
--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: