[Scribus] To SuSE or not to SuSE? - was Re: Scribus 1.3.4 New build system

pixelnate pixelnate
Mon Apr 10 16:41:44 CEST 2006

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just ran the first build process of 1.3.4cvs with cmake under SuSE 10.0.
> It was a breeze, not a single issue. And it seems to be mighty fast.

Is SuSE the distro of choice for Scribus? I have been using Kubuntu, but
it seems that there is some drama concerning the future of KDE in (K)Ubuntu.

I have tried SuSE before, but I have always disliked Yast. I know that
you can set up apt-get on it, but I don't know the best way to manage
packages with apt-get on SuSE. Do you use Adept or Synaptic, or does it
matter? Assume KDE as the wm.

~Nate