[Scribus] Announce Scribus 1.3.3.1 Release

PLinnell mrdocs
Mon Apr 10 14:49:16 CEST 2006

On Monday 10 April 2006 14:33, Wesley T Allen wrote:
> On Monday 10 April 2006 5:56, PLinnell wrote:
> > The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus
> > 1.3.3.1
> >
> > This release is purely a bug fix release to the recently released
> > 1.3.3. The rationale is that there will be substantial core code
> > changes in the next 1.3.4 and 1.3.5 releases, so the team has
> > branched 1.3.3 to provide a stable usable development version.
>
> Peter would you recommend using 1.3.3.1 or 1.3.2 at this point?
>
> Wes

Hi,

Knowing that we put lots of time in to really fixing bugs versus new
code, it is my opinion you are better off with 1.3.3.1. I do know
some folks have said they had stability issues with 1.3.3 especially
on Windows, but 1.3.3.1 has a fair amount of fixes to avoid crashes,
especially bad icc profiles. Jean Ghali has added detection routines
to scan icc profiles and Scribus will now reject them if they are
defective.

Marti Maria, the littlecms developer has told us he estimates about
20% of the icc profiles available have some form of defect or non
conformance to the icc spec.

Depending on how long it takes to get 1.3.4cvs stabilized, we may even
release a 1.3.3.2, but that has not been determined. We do encourage
folks to use and test 1.3.4cvs but for now it should be done with
backup files and use a parallel install so you can keep either 1.2.x
stable or the latest 1.3.3.1 for everyday work.

Even though there is a pile of new code added to 1.3.4cvs, it builds,
runs and works here :) The new toys include the new Undo code and a
new Guides Manager to name two, plus the text engine preparation
work.

Hope that helps to clarify where we are at.

Peter