[Scribus] Scribus on Windows XP

Scott Karns scottkinsf
Mon Apr 10 01:14:58 CEST 2006

--- Christopher Anthony
<christopher.anthony at gmail.com> wrote:

> I very much disagree and am dissapointed in your
> decisions to port Scribus
> to the Windows platform.  Windows has plent of
> desktop publishing
> applications and Scribus, while great should first
> and foremost be a Linux
> application.  If we continue to port Open Source
> software to the Windows
> platform then we are cutting Linux's throat as no
> one will then want to use
> Linux.  I am requesting that you cease and desist in
> continuing your port of
> Scribus to the Windows platform.  Do a Solaris port,
> do a BeOS port, do an
> IRIX port, but dont continue Windows.

I'll dive in. I just read this
http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/04/05/2046210,
a timely article on NewsForge. The quote I feel adds
something to this discussion: "Legislating the use of
open source is a mistake," Villa said, "because it
takes away the ability to make a choice." OK, not
directly applicable, but appropriate, I think.

-Scott