[Scribus] Scribus on Windows XP

PLinnell mrdocs
Sun Apr 9 23:52:01 CEST 2006

On Sunday 09 April 2006 22:36, Christopher Anthony wrote:
> I very much disagree and am dissapointed in your decisions to port
> Scribus to the Windows platform.  Windows has plent of desktop
> publishing applications and Scribus, while great should first and
> foremost be a Linux application.  If we continue to port Open
> Source software to the Windows platform then we are cutting Linux's
> throat as no one will then want to use Linux.  I am requesting that
> you cease and desist in continuing your port of Scribus to the
> Windows platform.  Do a Solaris port, do a BeOS port, do an IRIX
> port, but dont continue Windows.

Hi,

I can tell you without any reservation that porting to both Windows
*and* MacOSX has made Scribus better, more robust and fewer bugs.

Exposing the code to both has unearthed some bugs which would not have
shown up otherwise. Whatever issues on might have with MS, they do
have good compilers.

Adding Andreas and Jean to the team has 110% positive.

I could not imagine not having them now ;-)

Peter