[Scribus] New build system

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sat Apr 8 03:13:15 CEST 2006

Hi,

according to the roadmap, those who want to test future (1.3.4+) cvs versions
will have to install cmake 2.4+ (cvs).

For that reason I just checked out cmake's cvs and built it, but
the ./bootstrap command told me that I was dealing with 2.3.

So, where can we get 2.4cvs, and will there be packages available from the
download section? Or is 2.3 = unstable = 2.4cvs? Even if the major
distributions provide packages for cmake, I don't expect them to ship cmake
2.4cvs any time soon (stable is 2.2.3).

Or will we be able to compile cvs from source as we are used to?

As with any major change, plenty of questions arise :)

Christoph