[Scribus] 1.4

Thomas R. Koll tomk32
Fri Apr 7 21:19:27 CEST 2006

Am 07.04.2006 um 18:54 schrieb Gregory Pittman:

> To me, this is one of the confusing things about advice on the list.
> When people ask about some feature that doesn't exist on 1.2.x they
> are
> told to use 1.3.x, but when they complain about some rough edges in
> 1.3.x, they are told they shouldn't be using 1.3.x for "production
> work."

If you test a 1.3.x version for production deeply and it fits your
needs,
use it but don't update until you want to invest the time again to test
it again deeply. That's more or less meant as a warning for users of the
cvs version.

> And there remains this one-way schism between 1.2.x and 1.3.x formats,
> where once it's saved in 1.3.x, you can't go back. Are we to expect
> this
> again in 1.3.4 or 1.4.x?

I hope so. Backwards-compability is often something that slows down
innovative development. I wouldn't mind if 1.4 don't open 1.3 docs
anymore
if there are many improvements.

ciao, tom

--