[Scribus] Torture Testing Scribus on Windows

Meechmunchie meechmunchie
Fri Apr 7 16:57:16 CEST 2006

DaleCoz at aol.com schrieb:

> It didn't crash often enough to be unusable, ...

Often Scribus left the subjective impression to me that "parts of this
software" crashed.

> but it
> crashed often enough to reinforce my habit of saving work early and often.

Welcome aboard.

> This is not production software yet, and doesn't claim to
> be.

In fact.

> I'm probably not telling you anything new when I tell
> you that Scribus got slow when my documents got big.

Hrhr.

> By the time I reached 50
> pages it was a real struggle to navigate in the document.

You reached 50 ? - Wunderful ! - I never reached one.

> I am eagerly
> awaiting future versions with more features and fewer bugs.

In my eyes Scribus needs no more features for the next short time. It
should be "hardened" in the next time.

> I'm afraid that I didn't win many friends for Scribus among my students.

The first hours I saw Scribus it looks to me that Scribus is *the*
DTP software for linux desktop. But from the moment I tried to use it
productive like Illustrator, version 8 and 10, before this turns a
little bit into sadness.

> They tried some very ambitious things, and succeeded in doing some impressive
> work, but they also ran into the bugs and unintuitive behavior.

The same here.

> One girl wrote
> me a note saying that Scribus developers should be hunted down and strung up.

That's sad. There is a lot of good stuff for the future in this project.
but there's a long way to go, too.
--
         /)/)    Meechmunchie
       =(';')=