[Scribus] "Floating" page? (& 1.3.3 cvs comment)

Peter Barnes scribus
Fri Apr 7 12:25:00 CEST 2006

So I take it you mean 1.3.3 allows panning in more than just vertical. But does that mean simply two ways - exactly vertical and exactly horizontal - or does it mean to any angle of the compass, e.g. diagonal? (Sorry to be pedantic!)
Peter