[Scribus] "Floating" page? (& 1.3.3 cvs comment)

Peter Barnes scribus
Fri Apr 7 11:17:42 CEST 2006

It's good to know that 1.3.3 has it - that will make my life a lot easier eventually. But I'm on 1.2.4.1 at the moment. I'm using Ubuntu Linux and trying to downlaod and install all my software through its Synaptic facility. At the moment this shows 1.2.4.1 and 1.3.3 cvs. My understanding (not being very computer-wise) was that cvs is for developers and adventurous souls. Do you think the benefits outweigh the risk?
Thanks,
Peter