[Scribus] Styles and Openoffice writer odt import

Ian Malone ibmalone
Thu Apr 6 21:23:48 CEST 2006

On 06/04/06, Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 6. April 2006 13:03 schrieb Ian Malone:
> >
> > I'm using scribus to prepare a poster, with the seperate
> > texts existing as seperate openoffice writer documents,
> > each text has a heading and a body (or list).
> >
> > The font size in the poster is quite large compared to
> > what I'm working with in writer (for convenience), so
> > when I import the text I need to manually change its
> > style to that in Scribus.  Is there any way to do that
> > automatically?  Am I going about this the right way?
> >

> You can import paragraph styles from writer into Scribus (at import). Once
> imported, the paragraph style can be edited in "Edit > Paragraph Styles".

That's what I'd been doing, but there were several different
documents to be imported (to go into different boxes), all
using the same OpenOffice styles and all needing to use
a corresponding (but different) Scribus style. What I did
in the end was to import without style information, change
the style for the text box to the main (paragraph) style
and then manually change the style for any paragraphs
that were different.

--
imalone