[Scribus] Text import using tags - any progress?

Riku Leino tsoots
Wed Apr 5 18:11:52 CEST 2006

As part of the great breakage part 2. text importing will also be broken at
least what comes to formatted text importing. To fix this I've found a
sponsor to let me concentrate on Scribus and improving it's text importing
options. COSS http://www.coss.fi/en/ (sponsor) has accepted my plan about
creating a new Get Text plugin api for text importers. Related to this I've
also commited to create text importers for RTF and ODT (current ODT importer
is only a dirty hack on top of the SXW importer) and create a filter plugin
where output of these file type (odt, sxw, rtf...) importers' can be directed
and where things like S&R, style remapping, style applying based on tags and
other things like that can be done. Filter will be pretty close to what we
now have as "Text Filters" importer for plain text files but it will allow
one to filter formatted text files as well. So to answer your question, yes
it is coming. Time frame for my work will be from the beginning of June till
the end of August (during this time i'll be able to fully concentrate on
Scribus).

ps. My initial plan that i submitted to Coss was in finnish. I'll translate it
and post here for your comments and additional ideas that could be included
in my little project.

Riku