[Scribus] Scribus in the Art Lab

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Apr 5 04:00:59 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 5. April 2006 03:38 schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> Asif Lodhi wrote:
> >   Anyway, I have just got a great opportunity with a
> > company to convert all of their systems to opensource! :)  and I will
> > do it! :)  To top it all, they also have a lot of print jobs as well
> > so I am certainly going to introduce these folks to Linux, Gimp,
> > Scribus, Inkscape, Sodipodi, etc. in any case! :)  Though, I'm
> > presently involved in enterprise systems analysis but I'll certainly
> > make my best efforts to introduce Linux here!  So, please expect lots
> > of questions from yours truly in future ;)  I plan to introduce Linux
> > to folks who are very talkative and, I know, will boast about their
> > expertise in this and that Linux app ;)  They will teach others!
> >
> > I think I should stop here ... too much! :)
>
> Whoa! I'll say. That waaaay too many smileys there, Asif.

And I would have expected a smiley from you after/instead of the last full
stop ;)

And, Hi Asif, you seem to be a likeable person with enough brainpower and
programming skills to contribute to Scribus/Inkscape/GIMP/Krita/CinePaint or
whatever you like. IMHO, open source projects need open minds like yours to
succeed. I wish I could contribute at least a few lines of code to Scribus,
but my studies went another way, so I have to take a back seat and restrain
myself to testing, translating, documentation and helping others.

BTW, time restraints are no excuse. As my boss always says: the day has 24
hours, and if that isn't enough, we can work at night ;)

> Greg

Best,

Christoph