[Scribus] Scribus in the Art Lab

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Apr 4 21:25:24 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, 4. April 2006 10:31 schrieb Tobias Hilbricht:
> Am Dienstag, 4. April 2006 02:02 schrieb Christoph Sch?fer:
> > In Germany, no one will teach you InDesign or
> > Photoshop at a university.
>
> I know positively that you have courses on using Photoshop at the
> University of Applied Sciences Cologne in the curriculum of the media and
> design faculty.
> As soon as you pay a lot of money for your degree you can expect to get
> qualified and certified courses which give you a start in a job. And in job
> offers experience in Photoshop is asked for.
> Somebody who is fluent in Photoshop and creates top images, logos and
> designs with The GIMP in a payable amount of time is first preference, of
> course.

The University of Applied Sciences, yes. But that's not a real University. A
real university may offer teaching software as an addition to the curriculum
(as most of them did years ago when computers and word processors were new),
but not as a part of the curriculum. As I said, university students are
expected to learn to find  their way(s) themselves, that's one of the major
goals of university education, and that was the first thing I've been told in
all fields of my studies in the first semester.

> Yours sincerely
>
> Tobias Hilbricht

Cheers,

Christoph