[Scribus] lifting

Pierre-Luc Auclair p.lucauclair
Mon Apr 3 23:17:07 CEST 2006

On Monday 03 April 2006 17:09, pixelnate wrote:
> Every PDF that I send to a client or vendor has 1) crop marks offset by
> 12pt, 2) .125 to .25" bleed, 3) registration marks. And when I save that
> PDF I tell the app in the print dialogue boxes that I want to put it on
> a page that is .5" bigger on all sides, i.e. an 8.5"x11" document prints
> on a 9.5"x12" sheet.
>
> ~Nate

I see, my workflow is leaving the bleed in my layout soft. outside the final
size. For example if my final destination is a 8.5x11, I will create a 8.5x11
and leave the desired bleeding outside the page. Then when I send it to
printer, he will take the file, create the correct signature and add the
print marks within his imposition software. To my understanding, this is how
it's done.