[Scribus] lifting

pixelnate pixelnate
Mon Apr 3 22:21:52 CEST 2006

Helge Hielscher wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 12:41:12 -0500, pixelnate wrote:
>

>> Once Scribus v1.4 is released,
>> with a slight change in my current workflow, it would possibly work in
>> place of Quark or Indesign as long as you do most of the heavy lifting
>> in the Illustrator file.
>>

> Are you about layers here, or what is lifting? Neither the Scribus Wiki
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Glossary_of_technical_terms_used_in_Scribus_and_its_translations#L
> nor Google
> http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=define%3Alifting&btnG=Search
> nor German Wikipedia (BTW is there an English article alike?)
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druckersprache
> did know the term.

I just meant doing all of the layout for text and images in Illustrator,
and using Scribus for simply placing the EPS and outputting a PDF. For
long form documents that would mean building every page in Illustrator
and placing each of them in Scribus to output as a book or whatever.
Illustrator has no multi-page feature (major detriment as far as I am
concerned).

~Nate