[Scribus] ruler

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun Apr 2 12:50:36 CEST 2006

On Sunday 02 April 2006 04:33, Matt Haber wrote:
> Frank-
>
> I'm using a 20" wide (the dell 20FPW) monitor. I can get 1/8" ticks,
> but that is at a zoom of greater than 100%.
>
> perhaps i can post what i would *like* to see?
>
> > -matt
>
> I have three computers, each with different size monitors, 21", 17", and
> 14". Only the 14" shows just 1/4" inch ticks. What size monitor(s) are
> you working with?
>
> I see nothing unusual about the way the fractional inches show in
> Scribus, comparing to InDesign, PageMaker, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop.
> <smile>

Firstly.. grab a ruler (as in a real one) and open up settings and hold it up
to your screen with the preferences on the display tab. Drag the ruler zoom
value so the marks match those of your real ruler as close as possible. This
way Scribus will know the correct DPI of your screen. Thats the first step to
take if your X11 is not setup correctly to get the DPI from the monitor or
the monitor is not reporting it correctly.

Craig