[Scribus] Big Project - Question/Comments

Marshall Lake mlake
Sun Oct 30 02:24:02 CEST 2005

I am currently working on a book-type project.  In the end I want to have
three digital versions ... one in plain text, one in HTML format, and the
third in PDF format.  I am nearing completion of the plain text version.
I have many images to include in the project which will not be part of the
plain text version but will be part of the HTML and PDF versions.

I have experience in HTML but I have never created anything in PDF format
before.  I have yet to use Scribus for a project but I have a little
experience in desktop publishing having worked with PageStream (I believe
it was called) on the Atari some 15 to 18 years ago.  :)

I was thinking that I would create the HTML version of the project next,
and then the PDF version using Scribus.  But it occurred to me that
possibly an HTML version can be automagically created from Scribus.  Is
this possible?  It seems to me that saving a project in HTML out of
Scribus would not be too difficult.  If it's not possible now, is it in
the works?

I'm open to any and all comments and/or suggestions concerning my project
and how to proceed.  (It's a big project ... the plain text version being
a little under 5 MB currently.)

--
Marshall Lake -- mlake at mlake.net -- http://mlake.net