[Scribus] Linux Font Editor?

John Jordan johnxj
Thu Oct 27 21:43:39 CEST 2005

On 22 Oct 2005, at 10:40, Tobias Hilbricht wrote:

> > Now, all I have to do is figure out how to install them. :)

> I guess the problem origins from missing afms (Adobe Font Metrics) in
> the package I pointed out - no problem with TeX, as it uses tfms (TeX
> Font Metrics). However, the corresponding Debian package tipa contains
> the fonts with afms, because as Debian font-package also non-TeX
> applications use it.
>
> Address for download
>
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/tex/tipa

Thanks. I downloaded the .deb file. But now I can't seem to get it
installed on my Ubuntu-64 Breezy. I put it in /home/jjj/Desktop and
then did "sudo apt-get install /home/jjj/Desktop/tipa_1-1.2-
2_all.deb." This resulted in:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package

I double- and triple-checked that I typed the filename correctly.
Does anyone know what I did wrong? And while I'm asking
questions, why do Linux dudes insist on making filenames that are
impossible to type correctly? :)