[Scribus] install 1.3 unstable?

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Tue Oct 25 17:30:15 CEST 2005

* Le Tigre <scribus at le-tigre.net> [2005-10-25 15:40:47 +0200]:

> Thank you,
> but it is a bit difficult for me to compilate.
> Moreover apt-get works for the testing version, 1.3.0.1...
> Otherwise I'll wait quietly.

Hello,

scribus-cvs package does not usually come in different flavors. You get the same code
whether you use "unstable", "testing", "stable", "hoary", or "breezy" in your
source line for our upstream repositories. The only times this differs is when
significant breakage is suspected. Then unstable branch becomes a playground
that corresponds to its name. Your report is correct in a sense that unstable
and testing libqt3 library versions are different at the moment. However, that
should not impact you in any way as I build the respective package in chroots
that contain correct libraries for each branch. So, in short, you should be
using the correct source line in your /etc/apt/sources.list. If you are
running Debian/testing then please add

deb         http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
deb         http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib

to your sources.list file.

Regards,

Alex.

P.S.: I'd like to welcome every Debian/Ubuntu user on this list to CC me if
there is a problem with my packages. I sometimes don't have time to read the
mailing list, but I check my Inbox and can do some fixing in between work.