[Scribus] install 1.3 unstable?

Mario Olimpio de Menezes mo.menezes
Tue Oct 25 15:11:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

  The only way I could install 1.3 branch was compiling it from sources.
  It seems that or the libqt3-mt and libqt3c102-mt are incompatible or the
packager of one of them forgot to fill in the 'Provides' field with that
information.

   Compiling from sources was not a big deal; I just installed the last deb
packages of -dev libraries and everything was smooth. I'm using unstable
here.

    Today I'll try 1.3.2 because it fixes a Master Page bug I reported some
days ago.

  HTH,

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 10:56, Le Tigre wrote:
> Quoting Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au>:
> > On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 02:40:52PM +0200, Le Tigre wrote:
> >> The text is (sorry it's french):
> >
> > When reporting issues, it's often helpful to use:
> >
> > 	LANG=en LC_ALL=en command args
> >
> > rather than just
> >
> > 	command args
> >
> > eg:
> >
> > 	LANG=en_US LC_ALL=en_US apt-get install libqt3-mt
>
> Ok, I didn't know, I'm sorry.
>
> So it was:
> root at carlinux:/home/rm# LANG=en apt-get install scribus-cvs
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   scribus-cvs: Depends: libqt3-mt (>= 3:3.3.5) but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
>
> > 	apt-get install scribus libqt3c102-mt
>
> Then:
>
> root at carlinux:/home/rm# LANG=en apt-get install scribus libqt3c102-mt
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> scribus is already the newest version.
> libqt3c102-mt is already the newest version.
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 799 not upgraded
>

> Have any idea?
> Thank you.

Mario O.de Menezes, Ph.D.     "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
LinuxUser: #24626         is the Lord's purpose that prevails" Pv 19.21
                        http://www.ipen.br/~mario