[Scribus] Scribus on the list of recommended apps for Massachusetts

Steven Boothe steven
Mon Oct 24 20:17:15 CEST 2005

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> have a look at:
>
> http://www.mass.gov/portal/site/massgovportal/menuitem.59254d74c0e831c14db4a11030468a0c/?pageID=itdterminal&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Policies%2c+Standards+%26+Legal&L2=Open+Standards&L3=Open+Formats&sid=Aitd&b=terminalcontent&f=policies_standards_opendocformfaqs&csid=Aitd

Actually suggesting that it was "recommended" is stretching things a
bit. It was merely listed as one of many current applications that also
support the Open Document Format. None of the applications were
recommended over any other. If anything was advocated it was the format
of the output, with liberty being given to use "any" application, just
as long as the output was Open Document compatible, and even then there
were exceptions allowed for issues over accessibility, etc.

Just for the sake of clarity I hope that helped.