[Scribus] Signal #4 Crash

Martin Costabel costabel
Sun Oct 23 09:22:24 CEST 2005

Carol Kankelborg wrote:
> I had a Signal 4 crash with Scribus yesterday. At the time
> I didn't have time to document it (didn't know how to either),
> but was wondering if there might be a crash log lying around
> somewhere that would be of use. Do I report a crash in the bug
> log or somewhere else? I was sending objects to the scrapbook in rapid
> succession when it happened. I've opened and quit Scribus
> several times since then. (Mac OS 10.4.3; Scribus 1.3.1-1 (X11))

Crash dumps are usually written to a file scribus.crash.log in
~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter. This is best read with Console.app.
Console lets you also easily read the system log, where crashes are
registered together with information in which file the crash report is
written. Another quick way to find the file name is

   grep crash /var/log/system.log

--
Martin