scribus-cvs on breezy, was Re: [Scribus] N00b Stupid Table Question

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Sat Oct 22 21:01:47 CEST 2005

Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Saturday 22 October 2005 15:47, Maciej Hanski wrote:
>
>>Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
>>
>>>* Maciej Hanski <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> [2005-10-21 22:51:18 +0200]:

>>>Maciej,
>>>
>>>Please try the scribus-cvs package I just uploaded and email me about the
>>>results.
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>Alex.
>>
>>Hi Alex,
>>still the same weird window behaviour after the update -- I've assigned
>>the bug 2750 to you, I hope, you don't mind :)
>>
>>There is yet another issue with Scribus on Breezy/Gnome which Scribus
>>devs blame on Debian's handling of QT config files and deny to deal
>>with, see this bug:
>>
>>http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=2751
>>
>>In short, Scribus on Ubuntu/Gnome launches with wrong GUI font encoding
>>and with much to big fonts. Since Ubuntu is targeted at inexperienced
>>Linux users/Windows switchers, it's probably to much asking them to
>>start their experience with Scribus from tampering around with qt
>>configs. Is there a way to solve this issue while packaging Ubuntu debs
>>and to deliver them with sane configs?
>

> Please submit an Ubuntu bug for this. We are not responsible for the fact
> their method of Qt packaging. So far, its the only distro we have had
> reported with this issue.
>
> Craig
Craig,
let's wait and see, what Alex says (as stated above, I already know,
that you don't feel responsible and are not going to deal with it). BTW,
i'm a Gentoo user like yourself and don't use Ubuntu on daily basis -- i
tried it out, because I'd been asked by some Polish wannabe
Scribus at Linux users (DTP proffesionals), whether Ubuntu would be the
rigt choice for them. For the time being the answer is NO, although I'm
more than impressed by Ubuntu itself. The question, who is responsible,
is to me of rather secondary significance.

cheers
Maciej