[Scribus] Re: N00b Stupid Table Question

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Fri Oct 21 17:48:54 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 10/21/05, Paraplegic Racehorse <paraplegic_racehorse at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> John Jordan wrote:
> ....................................................................................................X
> Scribus. Since everybody else pretty much told you what Scribus _can't_
> yet do, here's a bit of what it _can_ do with regards to tables.
>
> 1. A table in scribus is a group of individual text frames. To edit the
> frames, first ungroup them.
>
> 2. You cannot "tab" your way through the table cells (text frames).
> Instead, you have to select each cell (frame) independantly with the
> mouse. Likewise, to adjust the paragraph style within the frame, you
> must have only one frame selected at a time.
>
> 3. To resize a column, select every cell (frame) in the column, grab the
> drag handle and drag to your heart's content. Keep in mind that the
> other cells will not automagically align to your new width, so you will
> have to readjust them manually. Same goes for resizing rows.
>
> 4. To merge cells (frames), delete all but one and resize that to fill
> the left-over void.
>
> 5. You can simulate a whole table frame by placing a graphic box of the
> same size as your whole table behind the table and editing its line
> attributes. You can play with the line attributes of each frame of your
> table to get a cell-grid, or you can space the cells apart a little and
> mod the fill color of the graphics box below.
>
> It takes a bit of work, but you can build satisfactory and sophisticated
> tables with the tools already available in Scribus. And don't let these
> other guys tell you otherwise.
>
> (I will place these few notes into the wiki, somewhere.)

Thanks a zillion!  That's really a very good concise summary of what
can be achieved using Scribus tables.  No lengthy text yet a _lot_ of
detail in a few paras.  Thanks a lot.  Please put it on the Wiki and
other useful info as well.

--
Thanks & regards,

Asif
p.s.  I "star" valuable messages in gmail and I have starred yours too
- so that I can search it quickly later when I need it.