[Scribus] N00b Stupid Table Question

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Fri Oct 21 16:37:18 CEST 2005

John Jordan wrote:

> Ah. Unfortunately, the work I am currently doing requires LOTS of
> tables. It is also unfortunate that I am unable to run anything but
> 1.2-something, because that is all that can be installed on my
> Ubuntu-64 Breezy (5.10) computer. Later versions of Scribus
> (betas) are not available yet. And yes, I have every conceivable
> repository listed.

John,
I wanted to see how Scribus performs on Ubuntu 5.10 and sacrificed one
of my partitions:). If you add those lines to your Synaptic repositories:

deb         http://debian.scribus.net/debian breezy main restricted
deb-src     http://debian.scribus.net/debian breezy main restricted

deb         http://debian.tagancha.org/debian breezy main restricted
deb-src     http://debian.tagancha.org/debian breezy main restricted

and update them, you'll see those 5 entries including Scribus 1.3.1
under the available packages:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Image:Scribus_synaptic1.png

Having said this, Scribus 1.3.1 didn't work for me on Ubuntu 5.10, i.e.
the package installed cleanly but isn't usable after that: for some
reason, Scribus window dissapears somewhere beyond the right edge of the
desktop and cannot be used, it's quite a mess. I'm using Gnome, perhaps
other Gnome/Ubuntu users could verify this in order to make the life of
our Ubuntu packager easier.

regards
Maciej