[Scribus] Character-by-character placement in PDF

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Oct 20 08:41:47 CEST 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 07:33, Peter Nermander wrote:
> > To take it to its most simplest point: Its a known issue. We might try to
> > change it sooner, but I very much doubt that any work on this will even
> > be attempted, or worthwhile, before our new styles and text system
> > arrive.
>
> Would it be possible to solve with an option like "Use relaxed text
> placement" which would make Scribus try to only place the start of each
> line or paragraph? Of course ot would only be needed for postscript export,
> and it should be turned off by default.

Something like this, however we will not code it, not yet. Right now, CVS do
things it could 2 weeks ago like convert items between item types or create
text on a path (for the same reason).. We have much more important things to
do.

Craig